College and Career
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Links
- Transcript Requests
- Seniors 2020 Upcoming Dates and Information
- Career Start Information
- ICAP Presentations
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Applying to College
- College Admission Counselor Meetings at Mesa Ridge
- SAT/ACT Testing Dates and Test Prep
Naviance Scholarship list and National Scholarship Search - Under the college tab on the student Naviance Home Page. Open "Scholarships & Money".
FAFSA.gov.ed - Students/Parents are required to fill out FAFSA (Federal Student Aid) to receive Pell Grants (if eligible), Stafford Loans, and Parent Loans.
Fountain Valley Scholars, Scholarship - Scholarships for District 3 and District 8 students. Deadline is January 31, 2020. Application, Letters of Recommendation, and Essay due to the counseling center
collegeboard.com - Log into your collegeboard.com account, from taking SAT. College Board has a scholarship search.
WUE (Western Undergraduate Exchange) - reduced tuition for Western states
Career Start Information
1. You must be going to the 12th grade to be considered for Career Start.
2. You must be able to provide your own transportation to PPCC.
3. MRHS will pay tuition and students will pay for fees in certain subject areas. Most programs do not cost the student money.
4. You must commit to the entire school year for Career Start. (2 semesters)
5. Student will receive high school and college credit.
6. Career Start classes are in the morning on the PPCC campus. You will return to MRHS for afternoon classes.
7. Listen for KMRG announcements in late January.
8. For more information, talk to Ms. Shea at MRHS or the PPCC Counselors.
As students begin applying to colleges they will need transcripts sent electronically from MRHS. In order for transcripts to be sent please add those colleges to the "colleges I am applying to" in Naviance. Once you indicate that you are applying to a school in Naviance there will be a prompt to request transcripts. If you are applying through Common App please notify Mr. Burgess.
Log into Naviance
Click "Colleges I am applying to" on the homepage.
Click the red plus button.
Add the college you have applied to.
Click that you have applied
Click how you applied:
*Direct to Institution (you used application on the college website).
*Common Application (you created an account through commonapp.com)
Save and request transcripts.
Click initial or mid year
Click unofficial SAT/ACT scores
Follow prompts to save and finish request.
- You must be going to the 12th grade to be considered for Career Start.
- You must be able to provide your own transportation to PPCC.
- MRHS will pay tuition and students will pay for fees in certain subject areas. Most programs do not cost the student money.
- You must commit to the entire school year for Career Start. (2 semesters)
- Student will receive high school and college credit.
- Career Start classes are in the morning on the PPCC campus. You will return to MRHS for afternoon classes.
- Listen for KMRG announcements in late January.
- For more information, talk to Ms. Shea at MRHS or the PPCC Counselors.
Student-Athletes who plan to compete in college must register and be cleared through the NCAA Eligibility Center at http://ncaa.org
The "Guide for the College Bound Student-Athlete" is available for download. This guide provides all the information and eligibility requirements students need for each NCAA Division.
Sophomores - Juniors: Create a profile and access all the information from the NCAA
Seniors- Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. Pay the fee. NCAA will request transcripts from Mesa Ridge. Student must have official test scores sent from ACT.org or collegeboard.com (SAT).
Athletes must be registered with the NCAA to take official recruiting visits and to sign a National Letter of Intent.
Naviance is a great tool and resource for students. Students can research careers, colleges, build a resume, set goals, and take interest inventories. Naviance also has a scholarship search.
Transcripts are sent to colleges through the transcript request option on Naviance. Students must request transcripts to be sent to colleges through Naviance.
How to Sign On:
Go to the Mesa Ridge Website. http://mrhs.wsd3.org
Click on CLEVER.
Sign into CLEVER with your district gmail and password.
Click on the Naviance Icon and this will send you to your Naviance Homepage.
Mesa Ridge High School has many options for students who are going straight into the workforce after graduation.
The MiLL (Manufactoring Learning Lab) - Students can take courses, earn industry certifications, find apprenticeships, and find jobs through their experience at The MiLL.
The MiLL offers courses in Manufacturing, Construction/Carpentry, Welding, and Metal Fabrication.
The Pikes Peak Workforce Center - The PPWFC has a Young Adult section that focuses on ages 16 - 24. They offer job skills training, job search assistance, and an annual job fair.
The PPWFC will offer job skill workshops at Mesa Ridge. Students who participate in the workshops will be eligible to go on a field trip to the job fair in the spring.
Pikes Peak Business and Education Association - The PPBEA is a collaboration between local businesses and high schools in the Pikes Peak Region. Students can use the PPBEA to set up job shadows, internships, apprenticeships, and even find jobs.
See Mr. Burgess for information on using the PPBEA.
Military recruiters frequently visit MRHS. Students can find recruiters in the North Commons on various days.
ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational and Apptitude Battery)
Next ASVAB is being given on Feb. 4, 2020 at Mesa Ridge. If you are interested in the military and would like to take a practice ASVAB please contact Mr. Burgess.
ASVAB Study Guides/Practice Tests
College Admission Counselors from colleges all over the country come to Mesa Ridge to meet with prospective students. Watch your email, KMRG, and check the TV monitors in the hallways for the list of colleges that are visiting.
Sign up on Naviance under the "what's new" section on the homepage. A pass will be sent to you on the day of the college visit.
The SAT for Juniors will be during the school day at Mesa Ridge in April.
Khan Academy is a online study guide that students can access through collegeboard.com. Khan Academy uses the results from the student's PSAT scores to provide individual study guides and practice tests.
Dates for students wishing to retake SAT or take ACT
SAT - March 14, 2020 (register on collegeboard.com by February 14, 2020)
ACT - February 8, 2020 (register on ACT.org by January 10, 2020)
ACT - April 4, 2020 (register on ACT.org by February 28, 2020)