Track & Field
Head Coach/Hurdles Coach: James De Rubis
Distance Coach: Carl Burgess
Mid Distance Coach: George Smith
Sprints Coach: Erik Huffman
Throws Coach: Craig Galaydick
Jumps Coach: Rodondo Parks
Remind 101 will be used to communicate with parents and athletes.
To register for Remind 101 on your cell phone:
Enter this number - 81010
Text this message - @mesaridget
MESA RIDGE TRACK AND FIELD TEAM GOALS:
- Win the Metro League Track Meet as a team
- Place in the top 10 teams at the State Track Meet
- Have as many League Champions, State Champions, and State Placers as possible
- BEAT WIDEFIELD
Our ultimate goal is to provide a structured and safe environment where perseverance is encouraged, as well as rewarded. In this environment, student-athletes will be able to work toward achieving their goals. They will test their personal limits through inevitable failure, but will gain an understanding of the notion to never give up. Ultimately, these student-athletes will have many successes throughout the course of the season and will be able to attribute that success to the characteristic of perseverance. Through this process, students will be able to better understand where hard work and dedication can get them in life. They will learn to win with class and lose with dignity. They will learn to become accountable for themselves, selflessness as a teammate, and they will learn how to become contributing members of society.
IF YOU ARE A JUNIOR OR SENIOR AND ARE INTERESTED IN COMPETING AT THE NEXT LEVEL, HERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD TRY TO ACCOMPLISH NOW!
- FOCUS ON YOUR GRADES. KEEP YOUR GPA AS HIGH AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN
- TAKE THE ACT AT LEAST TWICE
- NCAA CLEARING HOUSE Sign up for an account and complete the clearing house process.
- FILL OUT QUESTIONAIRES TO COLLEGES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN
- BEGIN COMMUNICATION WITH COLLEGE COACHES (EMAIL/PHONE)
- MAKE OFFICIAL VISITS
- LET US HELP YOU
Share your interest with your coaches here at Mesa Ridge. We want help you, but we can't do the work for you.
GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY THE PROCESS!