Girls Varsity Coach/2011
Please have plenty of water/gatorade/powerade as the weather will likely be hot and humid. Bring snacks as well. Team shirt required (cost TBA) for all JV matches and Varsity Tournaments. Polo-type golf shirt or tee shirt only for practice. No muscle shirts, tank tops or cut off sleeves will be allowed. Please wear appropriate foot ware for practice.
You must provide your own transportation to all home practices, home JV Matches and home Varsity Tournaments at Cherokee Ridge GC. Transportation will be provided to athletes for all other Matches/ Tournaments.
Arbiter Athlete Registration
New this year, all athletes and parents must create an account and complete the registration with Arbiter Athlete per CHSAA requirements. There are 2 ways to complete the registration:
1. Go to www.arbiterathlete.com and create an account or
2. Text S414404 to 69274
We will be using Remind this season as a source of communication (weekly schedule, practice updates, etc.). I will give each player a form that will require a phone number to activate the remind group message. The form will also require a parent/guardian signature.
- Spring Sport
- February-May 2019 start date will be determined by weather
- Practice is at Cherokee Ridge Golf course located on Powers and Palmer Park
- Tournaments sites vary from Varsity( 18 holes) during the school day JV ( 9 holes) after school
- Beginners are welcome!!
- Golf clubs can also be provided to athletes who do not have their own set
- Transportation and Fees
- There are no Fees associated with Golf
- Your own transportation is required to practice and tournaments @ Cherokee Ridge, however, transportation will be provided to other sites
- We are very flexible with regard to athletes who work, play other sports, have high academic demands
- Daily practice attendance is not required
- We do insist that you are present on days you are scheduled to play in a tournament
- See Coach Fetters if you are interested
The Grizzly Way
- A golfer who repeatedly appears on the eligibility list will be dismissed from the team
- No use of any social media platform to disrespect, insult, embarrass, etc., members of our team, school, or community.
- Any behavior that affects (arguments, gossiping, etc.) a teammate in a negative way will receive disciplinary action
- No use or possession of tobacco, alcohol, or any controlled/banned substances. Including "vape" pens
- Repeated discrepancies with scorecards and/or scoring
- The Athletic Handbook will be used as a guide for disciplinary action but all decisions will be made by Coach Fetters
- Athletic Handbook
- Any Parent that is "caddying" or "providing advice" to their daughter/team member during tournaments will be relegated to the clubhouse for the rest of the season. Stay on the cart path at all times!!!