- be goal oriented
- demonstrate problem solving skills
- feel safe
- be involved
- realize their potential
Educational Professionals will:
- be valued
- model professional behavior
- foster a culture of excellence
- develop the whole child
- promote collegiality and creativity among staff and students
Mesa Ridge High School is an institution:
- of high integrity
- that is safe and supportive of all
- of high standards for students and staff
Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive, academically rich environment utilizing best practices to develop all students to be productive citizens and preparing lifelong learners for post-secondary readiness and success in a global society.
Mesa Ridge is located Security-Widefield, a suburb of Colorado Springs, CO. Because of its proximity to Fort Carson Army Base, Peterson Space Force, Schriever Space Force, and NORAD, approximately 30% of the community population is military or retired military. The industry in the community consists mainly of military, aerospace defense, health care, technology, and insurance. Amazon is a significant local employer.
Total Enrollment: 1313
- American Indian or Alaska Native: <1%
- Asian: 2%
- Black or African American: 10%
- Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 2%
- Hispanic or Latinx: 32%
- Two or more races: 11%
- White/Not of Hispanic Origin: 43%
Mesa Ridge offers a wide range of academic and activity programs. Mesa Ridge opened in 1997 and currently serves approximately 1300 students in grades 9-12. With 17 athletic teams, 35 student organizations, and a wide variety of academic and curricular programs, there is a place for everyone at Mesa Ridge.
Welcome to Mesa Ridge High School, an exciting learning community characterized by respect, integrity, and excellence.
At Mesa Ridge, we prepare all students for successful futures through:
- High quality academic courses
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs that allow students to explore and prepare for professions after high school
- Athletic programs which foster outstanding student athletes
- Diverse activities designed to spark students’ interests.
- Students have opportunities to learn in traditional classrooms, in hands-on learning labs like the MiLL, and in college experiences through Concurrent Enrollment.
We invite all students to get involved in the activities and programs that interest them; you can learn more about us and our programs on this website.
Through a partnership between the school and parents, guardians, and families we achieve great success. Please contact teachers and counselors directly if ever you have concerns. The administration team is also here to help and support. Together we will foster successful students.
Reach out. Explore. Get involved. Find yourself at Mesa Ridge.
Dean of Students
- Office Hours:
7:00 AM - 3:15 PM
- Student Hours:
7:25 PM - 2:45 PM
Main Office: (719) 391-3600
Attendance Office: (719) 391-3600
Counseling Center: (719) 391-3631
Registrar: (719) 391-3625
Business Office: (719) 391-3610
Principal's Office: (719) 391-3690